Ok… after being inspired byRUNSICKBOYRUN‘s running plan, I decided to try a running plan!
So, I get on my treadmill and after 5 minutes, the belt breaks! AHHHH
Ok, I’m determined to do this, I then fire up my Wii Active and put together an exercise routine. They don’t have just a walking exercise so I had to improvise. Here’s the plan for my Week 1 – Monday/Wednesday/Friday.
1. Run – MEDIUM (approximately a 1 minute run)
2. Run/Walk – SHORT (approximately 20 second run/20 second walk)
REPEAT THE ABOVE 2 ROUTINES 6 TIMES
3. Run/Walk – SHORT 2 more times
I just completed it and it felt great! Actually surprised I could do it!
Looking forward to Wednesday.
Next week I’ll be away – so I’ll have to improvise yet again.
But at least I started!!
- I skipped yesterday as I was way to sore (even though sickboy told me to push through it)
- Today I changed it a bit – the step2:walk/runs – I just walked. So I went through all the steps until the wii hit 30 minutes and that ended up including 4 of the one minute walks. This was estimated at 177 calories vs 192 on Day1. I think I started at too difficult a pace